By Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks
- Presents the 1st whole, authoritative reference paintings within the field
- Organized thematically to be used either as a whole creation to the sector or an encyclopedic reference
- Draws on unique essays from prime interdisciplinary scholars
- Features the main up to date and leading edge study within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, expertise, and their broader highbrow environments
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
The articles during this first quantity of ARCHIMEDES explicitly and deliberately go limitations among technology and know-how, and so they remove darkness from each other. the 1st 3 contributions crisis optics and in nineteenth century Germany; the fourth issues electrical criteria in Germany in the course of the related interval; the final essay within the quantity examines a curious improvement within the early background of instant signalling that came about in England, and that has a lot to claim in regards to the institution and enforcement of general equipment in a rapidly-developing know-how that emerged out of a systematic impact.
GPS Declassified examines the improvement of GPS from its mystery, chilly struggle army roots to its emergence as a global customer undefined. Drawing on formerly unexplored files, the authors research how army rivalries motivated the production of GPS and formed public perceptions approximately its starting place.
Drawing on essays from major overseas and multi-disciplinary students, A better half to the Philosophy of expertise is the 1st finished and authoritative reference resource to hide the most important problems with technology’s influence on society and our lives. offers the 1st entire, authoritative reference paintings within the box equipped thematically to be used either as a whole advent to the sphere or an encyclopedic reference attracts on unique essays from major interdisciplinary students gains the main updated and leading edge examine within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, know-how, and their broader highbrow environments
Within the mid-twentieth century, American plant breeders, pissed off by way of their dependence on ordinary version in developing new vegetation and flora, eagerly sought applied sciences that may expand human keep watch over over nature. Their seek led them to have a good time a chain of odd instruments: an x-ray beam directed at dormant seeds, a drop of chromosome-altering colchicine on a flower bud, and a bit of radioactive cobalt in a box of transforming into plants.
- A Prehistory of Polymer Science: 2 (SpringerBriefs in Molecular Science)
- Victorian Telegraphy Before Nationalization
- Technology Transfer and Change in the Arab World: The Proceedings of a Seminar of the United Nations Economic Commission for Western Asia organized by ... Division, Beirut, 9-14 October 1977
- Distinguished Figures in Mechanism and Machine Science: Their Contributions and Legacies, Part 3 (History of Mechanism and Machine Science)
- Ingenious Patents: Bubblewrap, Barbed Wire, Bionic Eyes, and Other Pioneering Inventions
Additional info for A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)